We are seeking an engaging, creative and innovative team member who will support our students and parents to carry forth the Episcopal tradition, Mission, Philosophy and Core Values of our school. Episcopal Day School is an equal opportunity employer. The Middle School Spanish Teacher will become a member of our Middle School faculty and work directly with the Middle School Director. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Work with the Middle School Director and World Language Department to carry out the academic program: curriculum development and implementation, classroom management, student assessment, and parent communication
- Teach Spanish classes of approximately 18 students
- Demonstrate professionalism, including discretion, judgment, and integrity
- Collaborate with department colleagues, as well as work closely with other Middle School faculty around teaching and learning
- Facilitate the emotional and social development of each student, which includes leading an advisory of approximately 12 students
- Support students in achieving their full potential of development and growth, through observation of students’ behavior and needs, and consult with the Middle School Director, the School Counselor and the Director of Learning Services
- Calculate and report grades in real time
- Write narrative progress reports to accompany grades at the end of each semester, and facilitate student-parent-teacher conferences
- Attend and participate in the following: chapels, faculty in-service meetings, student assemblies, and other school functions, as requested
- Attend weekly faculty meetings and actively participate in curricular discussions
- Participate in professional development opportunities and keep current on educational issues and trends
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Work is in an active, fast-paced environment dealing with a wide variety of challenges, deadlines, and various contacts.
- Must be able to move safely and comfortably over a large campus regularly.
- May stand for extended periods of time (up to 4 hours per day).
- Work primarily in a traditional climate-controlled classroom environment and outside in weather ranging from cold and wet to hot (80+ degrees).
- Ability to safely and occasionally lift up to 30 lbs. And regularly lift up to 10 lbs.
- Regularly sit, talk, walk, hear and interact with students, parents, staff and visitors.
- Regularly use close and distance vision.
- Able to climb stairs
- Turn, bend, reach and occasionally use a step ladder.
Qualifications and Salary
A love of Spanish and middle school students is a must. A minimum of two years prior experience in a Spanish classroom is essential. A master’s degree and California or other state teaching credential are preferred, but not required.
Episcopal Day School offers a generous benefits package, is committed to equitable hiring practices, and enthusiastically encourages professionals of all backgrounds to apply. Candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject “Middle School Spanish Teacher”.
Yearly salary range is $72,000 - $116,000 and is dependent upon personal qualifications and experience.
Episcopal Day School of St. Matthew Mission Statement
The School’s mission is to inspire, through an academically challenging course of study, the intellectual curiosity, confidence, moral courage, and character that prepare students to be leaders of positive change in the world.